shits a little slow around here

Started by pronetoaccidents, July 11, 2017, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

makes me sad. i miss when this shit was bumping.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Adelie has an ear infection so we have been super stressed out and between work and home I'm about to lose my mind. Oh and my 12 year old stepdaughter is acting out so that's fun.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

momitsnowme

Sorry Blake. What is your stepdaughter doing?

Joe

Will you guys keep it down?  I'm trying to read my webforums.

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on July 11, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
Sorry Blake. What is your stepdaughter doing?
She's got a bad case of the "I'm the smartest person alive and my parents are stupid" syndrome. She has been grounded for not doing her chores, missing gymnastics because she refuses to get up, staying up all night on her phone, refusing to comply with groundings/having her stuff taken, and just generally does not seem to care the least about other people or herself at times. I feel like she's taking advantage of the fact that me and Amanda have been so preoccupied with Adelie since she's been having problems (colic and ear infection; she's getting better now). Felicity knows that Amanda can't take off after her if she leaves when she isn't supposed to and can't do a lot to enforce rules when I'm not here. When I am here, she gets her stuff taken and as soon as she earns it back and seems as if she's turned a new leaf it's the same old thing. Her phone is going to be shut off tomorrow if she doesn't do what is asked of her today and I'm confiscating all of her stuff and changing the wifi password. Hopefully she'll make the right decision because I love doing things for her but hate when I can't justify doing nice things for her. She's just been so disrespectful, especially when she's around her friends. She also lies a lot but that's not new. It had gotten better but now it's back. She also seems to have a fascination with getting high and seems to think Justin Bieber and his drug habit are cool. I've tried talking to her about my drug problems that I've had but she doesn't seem to think that it could happen to her which I know is common thinking in teens but she is still 12 and it's disturbing. I need to take her back to her therapist. She seems to listen to her.

momitsnowme

I'm sorry. That sounds really frustrating. I am terrified of that age haha. I'm glad her relationship with her therapist is good. I wonder if she could use some one on one attention with you guys. I'm sure that's hard to admit or even recognize at that age.

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on July 23, 2017, 09:04:51 AM
I'm sorry. That sounds really frustrating. I am terrified of that age haha. I'm glad her relationship with her therapist is good. I wonder if she could use some one on one attention with you guys. I'm sure that's hard to admit or even recognize at that age.
We took her back to school shopping at the outlet stores an hour or so from where we live and went out to eat. It was 100 degrees and very humid so we left Adelie with my mother in law. Felicity did seem to enjoy herself but yeah she's not the best at admitting that she wants to spend time with us

amanda

It's not super uncommon for people used to being the youngest or only child for a number of years to act out. I was about to turn 5 when my brother was born and I definitely acted like a right little shit for a couple months. Combining that with impending teenhood sounds like a nightmare.