Say something nice about the person above you

Started by BlakeK, June 28, 2014, 01:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

I really liked this idea from the old board and want to contribute some positivity after my last few posts. I'm going to start this by saying something nice about Ryan, pronetoaccidents, since he started the last thread.

Ryan, while sometimes I think your energy is misdirected, I admire how passionate you are about things. I also think you are a very strong person who is overcoming a lot. I know you can reach your goals and hope you find the peace and happiness you deserve. You seem to have a lot of love to give and the world is a better, more interesting place with you in it.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

pronetoaccidents

wow, thanks blake that made my morning. i haven't been around here in awhile because i actually started working full time two weeks ago as a plumbers helper and it's really taking a lot outta me.. the last time i've been on this type of schedule was, damn, i dunno in like high school or something. getting up early, going to bed early, being a (semi) respectable human being isn't as bad as i thought it would be. since i dropped outta college i've just spent the last almost decade wandering aimless from drugs to odd jobs (selling christmas trees/busking on subways/selling my xanax prescriptions (when the most legit thing i've done was sell christmas trees in a dingy lot with a bottle of something cheap in the back pocket that's saying something, i started to feel like a caricature and it was getting quite tiresome). but i'm happy to say i have over 3 years off dope, about 6 months since i took a blast of crack (it's a struggle. don't know why because the effects of the drug if you've never tried it are about 3 minutes if you're lucky of something that could be mistaken for euphoria followed by intense self loathing, suicidal idealizations, hatred for self and humanity, paranoia, etc. etc... sounds like a real hoot right?) and i'm doing what i need to do to keep a roof over the lovely ladies head that i love and support her and keep our bunny rabbit safe while my girl goes to trade school so we can only further improve our lives. it feels good to finally say in my late 20s that i'm actually acting like an "adult" and/or "man" for lack of a more articulate word and it feels pretty good. maybe if i tried this sooner my mom could have seen her son as a person other than an obligation. after i got kicked outta the parents house they kept my room more or less the same but the only thing was a suit hung and pressed in the closet. "it's for your funeral.. when it happens. and it's looking like it's gonna be any day now", was one of the last things my mom said to me before she passed. but i'm trying not to dwell on the past. that'll hurt more than it did then. painful memories age like a wine in a cellar and it's best for me to stay upstairs. but all rambling aside, thank you and i'm happy to be a part of this board and to have made the acquintance of such lovely people. i owe blake and many others a many a nice thing to say, and when i get home later i certainly will.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

orange

I'm so happy that I get AccidentProne above me. I only know this guy from the forums. We made plans to meet once upon a time but never acted upon it. He's not only accident prone, but prone to write really long-winded and really wild shit. I can see how some people might get wide-eyed from that. However, I can tell he's a super smart guy, a talented and creative writer, and has a really good heart. I genuinely feel for him and would totally help him in any way I could if he was struggling. Dude you're Aces in my book, keep writing.
i chose my last signature so anthemforadoomed didn't hold up a TJMaxx.

momitsnowme

Glen is probably the easiest person ever to say nice things about because he is the nicest guy. He is super easy to talk to. The first time he messaged me on Facebook I felt like I was talking to an old friend and I feel like he is so just...accepting of everyone, no matter who they are. He sends random super thoughtful presents.  He is a great dad and you can tell how much he loves his son in every single thing he says about him. I seriously can't think of one thing to say about Glen that isn't nice

pronetoaccidents

beccas roots run deep in this board. she's a towering obelisk, a california redwood of honesty, intellect, open mindedness, forgiveness, literary prowess, compassion, and that's on a bad day!

oh and thanks glen! so whoevers next should skip me because i'm bogarting this thread. say something nice about glen (orange).. he deserves it more than myself

pronetoaccidents

this thread was awesome! you can skip me and go straight to becca!

momitsnowme

Ryan keeps this board going. He's always supportive and enthusiastic about everyone here.

BlakeK

Becca is always very positive and offers to help when people need it. She's always there with kind, supportive words when I or anyone else needs them. I don't recall Becca ever saying a bad thing about or mean thing to anyone. Becca always tries to understand people if she has a difference of opinion with them and is very good at connecting with people. Ill bet that she's a great mother and friend.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: momitsnowme on December 31, 2016, 11:11:29 PM
Ryan keeps this board going. He's always supportive and enthusiastic about everyone here.

:) why thank you. i do try :) :) :)

pronetoaccidents

blake is one of the most genuine, supportive individuals i've met in cyberspace. he's done things for me that genuine "friends" haven't, including but not limited to literally sending me the clothes off his back when i had all my stuff stolen and was down and out in a fucked up shelter (it arrived on a great day too. i happen to be in a MICA shelter so there's a lot of sczhiophrenic dudes there and one for one reason or another decided to pound on my face with a lock wrapped in a sock for whatever reason as we shared an enjoyable elevator ride together but i spit up the blood and taped my glasses and smiled when my dad told me a package came for me :) )