Words and phrases I'm sick of hearing

Started by BlakeK, March 22, 2017, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

Quote from: lindsey on April 07, 2017, 08:22:08 PM
I can't even imagine associating with people that say "cuck" let alone hearing it enough to be tired of it instead of just outraged

i am legit tired of "yas queen" it's been beat to death by regulars

I have never heard a person say "cuck" in real life but see it in comments sections to videos I watch regularly. What does "yas queen" mean? I've never heard it before.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

lindsey

it's basically the new version of YOU GO GIRL!

just like everything good, black girls created it, gay men stole it, and then pop culture caught on and ruined it

skateandannoy

Quote from: lindsey on April 07, 2017, 08:30:02 PM

just like everything good, black girls created it, gay men stole it, and then pop culture caught on and ruined it
the truest statement ever written
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

jer

has anyone said real talk since like 2008?
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

pronetoaccidents

unfortunately jer, yes.. i dunno if it's just a NY t hing but instead of saying "true" the new version is to say "facts"

we should all just go back to olde english

amanda

Quote from: lindsey on April 07, 2017, 08:30:02 PM

I thought YASSS QUEEN started in the black drag queen scene. But yes, this sentiment is very, very correct.

ramblinrabble

BlakeK

It seems to me that "real talk" evolved or changed to "100" or "keepin' it 100". I live in a very rural area so I don't hear a lot of current slang. I hear kids saying "legit" a lot which is kind of annoying but also kind of funny because it makes me feel like if I played Too Legit to Quit by MC Hammer, it would sound somewhat contemporary

Joe

I'm a big fan of "Do your Googles!" when telling people to learn some shit about shit.  I look forward to the day when it is popular to be sick of it. 

skateandannoy

Quote from: Joe on April 18, 2017, 03:32:05 PM
I'm a big fan of "Do your Googles!" when telling people to learn some shit about shit.  I look forward to the day when it is popular to be sick of it. 
I've never heard such a thing.

Quote from: BlakeK on April 18, 2017, 06:55:47 AM
It seems to me that "real talk" evolved or changed to "100" or "keepin' it 100". I live in a very rural area so I don't hear a lot of current slang. I hear kids saying "legit" a lot which is kind of annoying but also kind of funny because it makes me feel like if I played Too Legit to Quit by MC Hammer, it would sound somewhat contemporary
legit started in like 2007. it stopped being a slang word and just became a regular part of everyone's vocabulary. Like what happened with
OK in the 1830's
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Quote from: skateandannoy on April 19, 2017, 07:28:36 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 18, 2017, 03:32:05 PM
I've never heard such a thing.

Quote from: BlakeK on April 18, 2017, 06:55:47 AM
legit started in like 2007. it stopped being a slang word and just became a regular part of everyone's vocabulary. Like what happened with
OK in the 1830's
I prefer my legits to stay in MC Hammer lyrics, thank you very much. I even remember the band signs that go with it. Too legit to quit for life. I believe that was my first CD, though Kris Kross may have been my first CD. It was back when CDs came in a really long absurd box.

pronetoaccidents

for better or worse my vernacular, or jargaon if you will, hasn't changed much over the course of time. I still use "mad" and like referring to things as "ruthless" or "brutal".

keepin it a 100, real talk, facts.. they all remain in heavy rotation in areas i find myself frequenting.

is there any novel, refreshing ways to reference a vagina? i'm just curious. "box" has gotten a bit dry, no pun intended.

BlakeK

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on April 20, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
for better or worse my vernacular, or jargaon if you will, hasn't changed much over the course of time. I still use "mad" and like referring to things as "ruthless" or "brutal".

keepin it a 100, real talk, facts.. they all remain in heavy rotation in areas i find myself frequenting.

is there any novel, refreshing ways to reference a vagina? i'm just curious. "box" has gotten a bit dry, no pun intended.
My cousin used to call it a "pockey" when she was little. I had a friend who used the term "crevis" when talking about vagina.

pronetoaccidents