General Category > General

27 year old punk killed by neo nazies at an exploited show

(1/2) > >>

pronetoaccidents:
He was killed after asking them to stop the seig-heils. it's a sad world.

https://mpalothia2.wordpress.com/2017/02/22/russia-antifa-punk-killed-by-neonazis-at-the-exploited-gig/

Eugene:
fuck

skateandannoy:
Awful. It's hard to believe we're going down this same road again.

And when are people going to give up on The Exploited? They've had the soft on nazis/ sympathizer accusations for decades.

BlakeK:

--- Quote from: skateandannoy on March 09, 2017, 11:23:58 AM ---Awful. It's hard to believe we're going down this same road again.

And when are people going to give up on The Exploited? They've had the soft on nazis/ sympathizer accusations for decades.

--- End quote ---
I feel like there will always be an element within punk that is at the very least passive when it comes to nazi imagery and sentiments. It's disturbing and strange. I always thought it was a shock value kind of deal but with the skinhead trend it seemed to me like there was and is a portion of punk fans who share values with nazis. I may be talking out of my ass but it seemed that even those who claimed to be "the good skinheads" often held private views that were sympathetic to nazi skinheads. That's just anecdotal though.

I could totally see skinheads heading further right in the Trump/alt right era.

skateandannoy:

--- Quote from: BlakeK on March 18, 2017, 07:15:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: skateandannoy on March 09, 2017, 11:23:58 AM ---Awful. It's hard to believe we're going down this same road again.

--- End quote ---
I feel like there will always be an element within punk that is at the very least passive when it comes to nazi imagery and sentiments. It's disturbing and strange. I always thought it was a shock value kind of deal but with the skinhead trend it seemed to me like there was and is a portion of punk fans who share values with nazis. I may be talking out of my ass but it seemed that even those who claimed to be "the good skinheads" often held private views that were sympathetic to nazi skinheads. That's just anecdotal though.

I could totally see skinheads heading further right in the Trump/alt right era.

--- End quote ---

I know lots of good skinheads, but there is sometimes a streak toward libertarianism/ right wingerness in the street punk scenes in certain areas (looking at you Connecticut).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version