Congratulations Blake!!

Started by momitsnowme, October 23, 2016, 01:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momitsnowme

When are you due? Are you going to find out the sex? Are you talking names yet? Are you excited?

Parenthood is awesome and I'm really happy for you!!

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

skateandannoy

OOOOOOOH Congratulations Blake!!! I vote to name the baby Brian!

edit to say post #420  8)
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Thanks guys! Amanda missed her period Thursday and took a pregnancy test last night and another this morning, both were positive. She's not more that 2 or 3 weeks pregnant. She's going to call her doctor tomorrow. I'm a little in shock about all of it. She had her IUD taken out in June and we figured it would be a while before a pregnancy but here we are. Amanda's at my younger brother's fiancée's baby shower now. I think it's cool that our kids will be about 4-5 months apart in age.

I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. I'm so afraid something will go wrong or that I will suck at raising a child from birth. I think I've done okay with my step kids but they were 9 and 15 when we moved in so my wife had them off to a great start before I stepped into the picture

We haven't talked about names yet but about Brian...

Bryan is actually my wife's crazy, abusive ex-husband's name. I also have two Brians in my family who have paranoid schizophrenia and I'd trust either one of them over Mr. Tightpants.

Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

amanda

Congrats buddy!  I know this is something you were really looking forward to, so I'm super excited and happy for you.  You're going to be a great dad.

Also, Nacher is a lovely, gender neutral option.

Anna Karina

It's only natural to call him wont.

pronetoaccidents

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

Quote from: Anna Karina on October 23, 2016, 04:27:35 PM
It's only natural to call him wont.
I'm afraid if we called him won't he might quit bring the shit

momitsnowme

I hope everything is going well. I know the first few weeks are really scary. I learned some ways to deal with that some and made a YouTube video about it if you're interested.

pronetoaccidents

Tightpants is gender neutral too. You know how it is these days with the kids and the crazy names.

;)

pronetoaccidents

Jokes aside that's amazing, beautiful, all that. Happy for you

skateandannoy

Quote from: BlakeK on October 23, 2016, 01:57:08 PM
We haven't talked about names yet but about Brian...

Bryan is actually my wife's crazy, abusive ex-husband's name. I also have two Brians in my family who have paranoid schizophrenia and I'd trust either one of them over Mr. Tightpants.

Dammit Brian can you do anything right?

In all seriousness, congratulations! That's so exciting. The nomads are settling down.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on October 25, 2016, 09:55:01 PM
I hope everything is going well. I know the first few weeks are really scary. I learned some ways to deal with that some and made a YouTube video about it if you're interested.
That's really cool! I'd like to watch them. I am very anxious about everything possible that has to do with the baby.

pronetoaccidents

My name was gonna be wolfgang. I wish my parents didn't back outta that. Way better than just "ryan". Maybe I'll just change it now

BlakeK

So we just went for the first ultrasound and everything is good so far. We are thinking of names. For boys, we are thinking of Kurt, Christopher, Nicholas, and Alexander. For girls, we are thinking Alexis, Rose, Roselyn, Chloe, Aleaha, and Jade. So far, Kurt and Christopher are in the lead for boys (Kurt is in the lead) while Alexis is in the lead for girls.

What do you guys think?

pronetoaccidents

i think it's all awesome and beautiful and amazing.

BlakeK

Due date is July 1st. Shit has gotten real after the ultrasound. Very excited but nervous.

momitsnowme

pronetoaccidents

I'd be shitting bricks. But I'm one fucking anxious dude

BlakeK

We just got back from the ultrasound and we are having a girl. Not quite sure about a name but Jade is in the lead at this point. What do you guys think?

EDIT: other names being considered are Avril and Hadley

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

momitsnowme

Of those, I really like Hadley. Jade is nice too. Avril is a nice name but it's hard for me to imagine her escaping the Avril Lavigne association. If we hadn't used Josie, we would have done Adelie, which I really like.and congratulations!!!

momitsnowme

Although, thinking about your last name, ending in an IE or y sound might be a bit much. Jade goes best with your last name I think. But the cool thing is that whatever you pick will fit your baby perfectly. As soon as you start using it you won't be able to imagine her as anything else.

BlakeK

I think you're right about about Hadley and Keithley. We spoke about that last night. The Avril Lavigne thing will probably be a deal breaker which sucks because I really like that name. I like Adelie. I'll ask Amanda about it tonight. I get what you mean by the IE/EY thing but I think it sounds worse with Hadley than with Adelie. Josie is a good one. Her middle name will be Rose (after my grandma, Rosemary) or Marie (her side family name). I've been down for some weirder names. I threw January as a possible name and was laughed at mercilessly by Amanda and Felicity. We will see. Thanks for responding!