new descendents rec

Started by pronetoaccidents, July 24, 2016, 09:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

its streaming everywhere. check it. awesome
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

I listened to it on my way home the other day and it is okay. I think I like Cool to be You better but maybe this one will grow on me. I like a couple of the songs a lot. I think one is called Smile and the other I can't remember off the top of my head. I didn't hear the last 3 or 4 songs so I could be missing some gems.

EDIT: After a second listen I think I may like this one as much as Cool to be You. Without Love is the name of the second song that really grabbed my attention and instantly got stuck in my head after the first listen. SThe whole album is very solid and catchy. Spineless and Scarlet Red is another good one
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

pronetoaccidents

i find it getd better and better
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Aaron

Thanks!  This is great.  Just what I needed on this lonely Saturday night.

I can't believe Cool to be You came out 12 years ago already.  Makes me feel old even though Descendents were around way before I was born.

Also, shout out to Mr. Soyboy Tightpants, who gave me his Descendents tape when I was probably still in middle school.

BlakeK

Is this another name for Brian Tightpants or is this another member of the Tightpants family? If we are talking about Brian, I have some insults to work on.  Just let me know so I can prepare accordingly.

skateandannoy

There could be more than one Tightpants?
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Aaron

Nah, but if I remember correctly he was known as El Soyboy before he became Tightpants...Unless I'm confusing him with someone else from that era..

BlakeK

So are we talking about Brian or not? The insults will get stale!

RankResistance

Only a couple of tracks will be added to regular rotation; I like "Spineless and Scarlet Red" a lot. Most of it is forgettable, in an "it's fine, but I won't probably choose to listen to it very often" kind of way. A couple of songs, namely "On Paper", is cringe-worthy.

BlakeK

The lyrics aren't the best on some of the songs but the melodies are top notch. Several songs got stuck in my head pretty quick. Without Love is probably my favorite as far as pure catchiness goes. Did you like Cool to be You?