amazing pictures thread

Started by pronetoaccidents, May 06, 2016, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

think there's been a few threads along these lines but i couldn't find them while searching.. here's just some random ones that i think are awesome..

"Steve Rosenfield's "What I Be" was a very special project in which participants were photographed sharing their biggest insecurities while simultaneously declaring that those insecurities did not define them.  This photo of Holocaust survivor "Ellen" called "I Am Not My Number" is so incredibly powerful precisely for that reason.  With one gesture, the shackles of trauma are shrugged off.  Ellen may be traumatized.  But trauma does not define her."

cool ol' Louie Armstrong serenading his boo beside the Pyramids

first black bikers club

"In 1941 they thought they had lost each other when they were separated during the Holocaust.  In 1946, they found each other again in Israel.  This is the moment it happened."

Archaeologists in Italy have unearthed two skeletons thought to be 5,000 to 6,000 years old, locked in an embrace.
The pair from the Neolithic period were discovered outside Mantua, about 40km (25 miles) south of Verona.
The pair, almost certainly a man and a woman, are thought to have died young as their teeth were mostly intact, said chief archaeologist Elena Menotti.

Though lovers be lost love shall not.