Plan-It-X Records, and also our youth, is officially dead.

Started by lindsey, January 05, 2016, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jer

I asked JP for the original peanut tofu recipe on facebook a few years ago and my message went unanswered :(
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

momitsnowme

I basically melt like a cup of peanutbutter with maple syrup, garlic, soy sauce, and Sriracha to taste.

amanda

Quote from: kt on January 14, 2016, 02:43:03 PM
i wish we could find that google doc that has all the nice things we all wrote about each other. so much of my life has been built on connections i made through the pix boards (some bad, like moving across the country with someone i didn't know well enough or that time i dated someone who was horrible to me) but mostly it's been such a fun wild ride MY DUDES.

I had a dream recently that there was a pix board panel discussion that chris hosted and her and becca and bret and courtney and lindsey and tague were there and I was running late and crying on the bus because I didn't want to miss my internet friends.

God, yeah.  This.  Even though I was technically an adult (I think I was 20) when I joined this board, I'm really glad I got to grow up with you guys.

momitsnowme

lindsey

I was 16 when I joined the board! People were mean to me then. LOOK AT ME NOW JERKS!

jer

rory

I'm really glad my first round of encountering this board was just looking at tabs and never signing up or posting, because I was 17 and probably straight up horrendous.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kw

i forget when i started posting, but i remember a lot of fun in high school / university on this board. never actually listened to much pix music, but played with nearly everyone on the label and met nearly everyone from this board at one point or another. rad times. PIX as an ethos shall be missed.

pronetoaccidents

This thread makes me sadder than I thought it would. I often forget how much amazing music came out on one label, how unwavering and real chris and sammy were when it came to running it.. I could list endless favorite songs, bands.. They change as my mood does. One reason seem immortal to me at the moment. The bananas were my  beach boys. Ajj my absurd, epic, operatic go to band to listen to while working menial jobs, hours of precious life spent at the job, yet not wasted for alas, aforementioned tune-age. thought nothing could top Rosa, and they were right so they did something.different, instead of the best folk punk they made the best snotty poppunk ala grumpies.. If pix south counts sexy por vida is my favorite lp ever. Well right now I feel that way.. Abe froman.. Carrie nations.. Ghost mice when I first heard I was like is this real? People can be that honest? And tbapb, blewe away with their anthematic Chattanooga chugga train sound and perfect accompanying vocals. I will always love and associate with pix. I was banned I think once or twice (think of me at my worst here and imagine when I was an actual junkie, or worse, a high school punk). I love everyone. From the notables to trolls, thanks for laughs and lessons. Thanks plan it x, chris, and the whole board
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: amanda on January 14, 2016, 05:19:51 PM
Quote from: kt on January 14, 2016, 02:43:03 PM
i wish we could find that google doc that has all the nice things we all wrote about each other. so much of my life has been built on connections i made through the pix boards (some bad, like moving across the country with someone i didn't know well enough or that time i dated someone who was horrible to me) but mostly it's been such a fun wild ride MY DUDES.

I had a dream recently that there was a pix board panel discussion that chris hosted and her and becca and bret and courtney and lindsey and tague were there and I was running late and crying on the bus because I didn't want to miss my internet friends.

Damn im never invited to the subliminal dream pix meetings. Jerks

cat_mom_2004

way late to this, cos i don't think i've checked the board more than a couple of times since the reboot, but yeah, weird feelings about this

joined this board in what, 2006? round the time i saw ghost mice and defiance, ohio for the first time. i would have been 18 or 19. was almost definitely a jerk a lot of the time, so, uh, sorry about all of that. plenty of good memories though.

this assuming i register in anybody's memory.

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Joe

I don't remember what year, but a few PIX bands/musicians were still pretty active posters on the board when i joined.  There always seemed to be lots of arguing about what it means to do the right thing, and a poster named mahlon seemed to be board shit-starter of that period but seemed bent on turfing out.

and then all you jerks showed up and ruined everything. 

GrownFolk

The PiX store was taken down a few days ago...sad times.  Thinking of all the great music I discovered through PiX and how a lot of it I still had yet to discover.  For example, Carrie Nations was mentioned as one of somebody's favorite PiX releases in the other thread.  I never checked that out.  It's long out of print now and so underground that there aren't any used copies of the album online that I can find.  Also, it's not on the PiX bandcamp site to download.  I have no idea how to ever check out that album now.  Is this the ultimate ending for most all PiX releases?  Will they all be lost to time?  I wish Chris would archive all the releases on the bandcamp site and keep them available.  I'd gladly throw some money his way for downloads of a lot of the old stuff.  Even the old TBIAPB releases are out of print and not available to download.  They weren't near as obscure as Carrie Nations and their first couple albums are already lost aside from paying big money on ebay for an old scratched up CD. 

skateandannoy

I wish PIX would still do reissues after folding like Chunksaah Records. There will always be buyers for TBIAPB, early AJJ, Ghost Mice, Antsy Pants, etc stuff. Maybe No Idea will take over that?

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

jer

I'll buy out the back catalog and release on anti-creative. My lawyers will call Chris's lawyers immediately.

skateandannoy

pronetoaccidents

For real. Then ride.the rio de la muerte dude to put out more music. If you need to be like phil spector and put a 45 caliber to his temple while constructing obvious masterpiece so be it

jer

my lawyers are working hard.

trying to find out why chris has no lawyers. and if i will actually ever pay them.

jake

Hey folks! Sorry for the thread necromancy - I just stumbled across this thread in search of an old recipe for I posted on here back in... '08 probably. Looks like it's gotten eaten up in the dark recesses of the internet, beyond the reaches of even archive.org. So if anyone has that peanut butter chocolate squares recipe, could you please post it or let me know? My family's specifically requested them for the family feast thing on Thursday, and I can't find the recipe anywhere.

In any case, here's the infamous noodles recipe (disclaimer: largely stolen/adapted from the PPK):

QuoteIngredients:
2 tsp peanut oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
1 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp coriander
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp Sriracha

Directions:
Make 10 oz of noodles.
Saute garlic and ginger in oil over low-medium heat in a small saucepan. Add water, soy sauce, coriander, and bring to a boil. Add peanut butter and turn heat to low. Stir until peanut butter and oil are combined, then mix in syrup, vinegar, and Sriracha.
Pour sauce over noodles and go to town!

Optional: Drain and press extra-firm tofu; fry in pan with olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and add to noodles with sauce.

I hope everyone's doing well!

BlakeK

Jake, welcome to the board. Could you please do me a huge favor and find a picture of the guy from the State Farm commercial and make it your avatar? It's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw your name. Second thing was Jake the Snake Roberts. An avatar of him would actually be cooler.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Courtney

Quote from: GrownFolk on January 29, 2016, 06:38:20 PM
For example, Carrie Nations was mentioned as one of somebody's favorite PiX releases in the other thread.  I never checked that out.  It's long out of print now and so underground that there aren't any used copies of the album online that I can find.  Also, it's not on the PiX bandcamp site to download.  I have no idea how to ever check out that album now.

Just now saw this so I'm super late, but the entire "Be Still" album is on youtube.

jer

Quote from: Courtney on November 24, 2016, 06:45:21 PM
For example, Carrie Nations was mentioned as one of somebody's favorite PiX releases in the other thread.  I never checked that out.  It's long out of print now and so underground that there aren't any used copies of the album online that I can find.  Also, it's not on the PiX bandcamp site to download.  I have no idea how to ever check out that album now.

Just now saw this so I'm super late, but the entire "Be Still" album is on youtube.

here's 5 songs on bandcamp, though not from the PIX release https://carrienations.bandcamp.com/

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: jer on November 25, 2016, 08:06:21 AM
Quote from: Courtney on November 24, 2016, 06:45:21 PM

here's 5 songs on bandcamp, though not from the PIX release https://carrienations.bandcamp.com/

so good