General Television Thread

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jer

Quote from: Anna Karina on June 13, 2014, 11:54:38 AM
Last night they showed the Caroline Rae episode where Maron's girlfriend breaks up with him at the beginning, and that's been referenced in other episodes this season too, so I would think it would've aired here before the other episodes that also reference it?

Yeah Maron talked about this on his podcast yesterday, this was supposed to come out yesterday, and did for US viewers. Only Canadian viewers (and people like you and me who watch it from streams and torrents from Canada) saw it as episode two (or three or whatever).

I can't recall it being referenced in any other episodes this season so far, when did you notice it? Unless there are other episodes that Canada released out of order that you saw and I didn't, I'm pretty sure this didn't happen (you dirty lying slippery shit).

Anyway, I'm just sayin what Maron explained, and what IFC has the order of the episodes of on their own website.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

jer

oh i see what you're saying, the breakup is referenced in other episodes, not Caroline Rae...

yeah that's because she broke up with him in episode three, after they go through therapy. you didn't notice that they were together again after he hooks up with Caroline Rae when airted out of order? since it was out of order, it went Ep one - together, ep 2 not together and he hooks up with Caroline Rae, episode 3 they're together and going through therapy, and they breakup.

at the begining of the Caroline Rae episode they've already been long broken up, he just finally throws all of her shit out of his house.

jer

Anna Karina

Oh, I guess I never saw the Ray Romano episode. Hmm.

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

I just realized season two of Rectify starts in less than a week yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss

FolkTheGovernment

Quote from: rabbit on June 13, 2014, 03:57:52 AM
Quote from: FolkTheGovernment on June 12, 2014, 03:08:50 AM
Sometime before November hopefully I'm going to re-watch Breaking Bad to ease the hype of Better Call Saul
i don't know about any of the rest of you but i'm almost totally uninterested in better call saul. really loved breaking bad but for some reason i've kind of been completely of the opinion that they should have just left it, no spin offs.
am more than happy to be proven wrong though - i'll probably watch an ep or two just to see how it is.

BrBa left too big of a hole in my heart to not want a spin off. I trust Gilligan to not ruin, hopefully that turns out true.
i love sharks and Godzilla

Anna Karina

I'd rather Vince Gilligan focus on a completely new show, but whatever, I'm fine with it taking like a year before that happens.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on June 13, 2014, 08:19:02 AM
Quote from: rabbit on June 13, 2014, 03:57:52 AM
i've never heard of orphan black ---- what kind of thing is it? is it new?

i've been watching fargo recently - and loving it. the end of every episode absolutely kills me, knowing that it'll be a whole week (!!!)

totally, fargo is probably one of the best tv series of all time in my opinion. and they really do end each episode with a ...well..not necessarily a cliffhanger but just after epicness (kind of like game of thrones too, which i love so much too Tague! )

yeah fargo rules. I got that free on demand shit that lets me watch a whole buncha episode and i've been doing just that.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

bee

currently a little over halfway through orange is the new black s2 and i have a couple of eps of orphan black to catch up with.

i am enjoying both.

Anna Karina

Rectify comes back in two days. You guys should watch Rectify. Rectify is real good. The first season is on Netflix and is only six episodes. Catch up! Rectify!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnkiUW9QiNs

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: Anna Karina on June 18, 2014, 01:25:23 AM
Rectify comes back in two days. You guys should watch Rectify. Rectify is real good. The first season is on Netflix and is only six episodes. Catch up! Rectify!

they film that about 20 minutes from my house. i live in like GA's little hollywood, walking dead filmed on the left, Zombieland on the right, a bunch of other movies i can't list right now. they just built a new film studio around us and i was fired from home depot right before they built a new home depot *just to supply for the film studio*
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Gator Punch

I'm sure this will be as unpopular on here as it is in real life, but I am damn excited for True Blood to start tonight. I know it's terrible. But I love it. I thoroughly enjoyed last season's ridiculousness, and can't wait for the last season.

BlakeK

I just want to see Better Call Saul. I just read this update which is pretty interesting and could mean the return of quite a few characters from Breaking Bad in cameos.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/better-call-saul-will-take-place-before-during-and-after-breaking-bad

I also just discovered Hannibal and finally have a new show to watch since Fargo ended.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

RankResistance

I just moved into my house and had to change TV providers to Comcast Xfinity. Dealing with them has been the biggest headache of buying a house, including all the mortgage crap. I hate them.

Having said that, their OnDemand setup is a freakin' miracle. I finally was able to start watching Fargo (I've enjoyed it), the past season of Mad Men (not so much. Whatever), and various other things. HBO's on-demand might be worth the price of cable alone.

Kel and I just finished Orange is the New Black yesterday. It was a disappointing season, comparatively speaking. I saw the ending from a mile away but still could not believe it ended in such a dumb way.

manmagic

Derek is absolutely amazing.

I also think I have watched all the episodes of Bobs Burgers twice now.

jer

i watched the first episode of Derek and I'm not sure if I like it.

manmagic

Quote from: jer on July 03, 2014, 09:45:42 AM
i watched the first episode of Derek and I'm not sure if I like it.

I didn't like it after one episode either. It took until I finished the first season to like it and now that I've finished the second, I love it.

Semi

I felt like Derek was really sincere, but still felt kind of off and weird. Especially those slow mo sequences where they just pan around the old people  doing bugger all with some inspirational music in the background.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

Anna Karina

Everybody needs to watch Rectify. The first season is on Netflix and the season 2 episode 3 is tonight. I've been trying to tell people how good it is for the past like year but no one ever listens, those fools.

I watched the first season of Derek and it was okay if slightly off, but I watched like five minutes of the first episode of season two and I turned it off and don't know if I care to watch it.

momitsnowme

I just started watching friday night lights

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Anna Karina

I apparently completely failed at getting my best friend to like Nathan For You tonight.

Fuck!

kw

re-watching lost for the first time since it originally aired. on season 5 and i gotta say, i still love this garbage.

bee

i'm watching all of dawson's creek right now.

yeah really.

i am halfway through season 2.

it's an emotional journey.