Author Topic: best skater  (Read 3171 times)

skateandannoy

• punx points +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: best skater
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 04:31:34 PM »
Whenever I look at shoes, I always see Stefan Janoski Nike skateboarding shoes. I have never heard of the guy and was just wondering if he is actually regarded highly in skateboarding circles or if he's just a lucky guy who somehow managed to get his own shoe.
Stefan is really good. He's skates switch better than practically anyone, and one of the best tre flips of all time:
He basically got lucky that the (in my opinion boring) shoe designed partially by him, partially by the professional Nike designers took off as a huge trend. Usually you get royalties on every pro shoe sold, but rumor has it Nike stopped paying him royalties on every individual pair and he just gets a big check instead. I hate the damn things. The design is so bland and uninspired.

I usually don't watch skate videos.

but found myself enjoying this

Gou is amazing. Recently he stopped using griptape and is now using fabric:
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

• punx points +4/-0
  • i have need of angels enough hell has swallowed me
    • View Profile
    • im quite scared (crime/noir/terror/suspense/doom n' gloom
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
I usually don't watch skate videos.

but found myself enjoying this

holy shit that dudes style is fucking wicked.

I usually use this thread to rep my younger brother.. here's some shit of him killing it.. grinding rails like butter. we both got into skating at the same time, i was about 11 and he was 7. my dad was real supportive of us doing it. I remember one of the first times he took me to the skatepark he made a deal that i'd get 20 bucks if i could A) olley up on to the box or B) drop in.. so he was giving me some slack to see if i wanted to skate street or vert... anyway, me and my bro used to skate together all the time. I'm pissed I gave it up. I was up to the point of doing some handplants and actually catching air on the vert with some decent hang time. But my bro stuck with it.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:35:22 AM by pronetoaccidents »
no one has ever written, painted, sculpted, modeled, or invented literally to get out of hell Antonin Artaud

skateandannoy

• punx points +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »
^Ethan rips. the backside bigspin over the gap at Flushing was sick and that switch back lip ender was unreal

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

skateandannoy

• punx points +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »
Rest in peace Dylan Rieder. A legend.

pronetoaccidents

• punx points +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »
fucking crazy

no one has ever written, painted, sculpted, modeled, or invented literally to get out of hell Antonin Artaud

pronetoaccidents

• punx points +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 08:58:15 AM »
this swedish dude has a ridiculous style..