Star Trek, new and old, TNG to the best series DS9 and ya i guess voyager too

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronTheCabe

i am watching TNG episode True Q right now. I still love DS9 for any reason cause its just soooooo GOOOOOOOD. and better than voyager  ::)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Graphix

Don't try and use the board reset as a way to make new forum members think that we all think DS9 is the best.
We don't.
I don't.
There is no I in TEAM but there sure is one in COLLECTIVE.
Voyager & TNG 4 lyfe.

ramblinrabble

I was watching Orange is the New Black, and then watched an episode of Voyager.   Might just be the makeup, but Kate Mulgrew did not age well.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: Graphix on June 14, 2014, 05:28:55 AM
Don't try and use the board reset as a way to make new forum members think that we all think DS9 is the best.
We don't.
I don't.

YOU LIE! PROPAGANDIST! EXCLAMATION POINT WITH CAPS

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: ramblinrabble on June 14, 2014, 08:19:34 AM
I was watching Orange is the New Black, and then watched an episode of Voyager.   Might just be the makeup, but Kate Mulgrew did not age well.

also that is very true, i saw her in other tv shows and was like, is that captain janeway?

Esmiller59

Captain Janeway and Captain Sisko are the most badass of the ST captains. Pickard is a bit stuck up for me, and he never really has to deal with these huge existential crises that seem to plague DS9 and VOY that bring out the most passion in the captains. That being said, All of ST is awesome (including Enterprise) and JJ Abrams' new movies suck.

Semi

TNG is the best, especially episodes primarily about Data like Measure of a man.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

ramblinrabble

Semi

Quote from: ramblinrabble on June 25, 2014, 12:26:00 PM
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

I recently rewatched that episode, really bad... But still enjoyable in its weirdness.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

AaronTheCabe

been re watching voyager this weekend and i have to say, i think it has beat TNG as my second favorite series. for the same reason DS9 is my favorite. dynamic characterization (Data is really the only character from TNG to be a dnymaic character) to be clear, i mean the technical writing definition of dynamic characterization, meaning a character undergoes many and often drastic changes from the beginning to the end.  plus the marqui being on voyager and references to DS9 i love.

but anyway the real reason i made this thread, i'm watching fifth episode "the cloud". andlaughed so hard it hurt when Neelix said this (fast foward to 1:53 mark for scene unelss u just love neelix, who wouldn't?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2I6J21ZId4&feature=share

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: allison on September 28, 2014, 09:00:54 PM
DS9 forever
finally! another human being agrees with me!

i have to admit that i am enjoying voyager 3x more on this first rewatch than i did the first time when i watched it directly after finishing DS9. i think that was a flaw. not giving a little time apart form the universe to detach from characters. Objectively, at episode 10, the writing is definitely more tight than DS9 was at this point. still, there are different aspect that each show brings up

nothing like Captain Janeway to teach that one cannot live with hypocrisy. Its nice to see Torres, a woman, as chief engineer. and half klingon. one has to realize that with warp technology the Klingons had to be quite an intelligent species overall and their constant showings as simply a warrior race often minimizes that. and a vulcan again on the bridge is lovely.

still, the best episodes of DS9 are, in my opinion, the best of all series and explored a much darker aspect of not only the human psyche but of morality