Pet peeves thread

Started by ramblinrabble, July 31, 2014, 01:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

BagginSagginBrian

People who never wash their reusable bags, apparently use it to carry gym clothes, then stuff it in other bag concentrating the stench until whipping it out at the checkout counter and not noticing when every one in 30 feet drops dead.

lindsey

when people attribute quotes from characters to the author as if the author said them in a real life context

skateandannoy

Quote from: lindsey on November 13, 2014, 08:16:39 AM
when people attribute quotes from characters to the author as if the author said them in a real life context
god that is the worst
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

ramblinrabble

I really hate when I'm talking on the phone to someone, and a person that happens to be in the same room as either myself or the person I'm talking to decides to start throwing out their input and including themselves in our conversation.  I did not call that person, and what I'm talking about is none of their business unless they're specifically invited into the conversation.

CrackyMcCrackerson

Quote from: ramblinrabble on January 25, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
I really hate when I'm talking on the phone to someone, and a person that happens to be in the same room as either myself or the person I'm talking to decides to start throwing out their input and including themselves in our conversation.  I did not call that person, and what I'm talking about is none of their business unless they're specifically invited into the conversation.

My mom fell on hard times and had to move in with me for 3 months(which turned into 6, which turned into a year until last month I was like 'fuck this, I gave the landlord a 60 day notice, I'm  moving in with my girlfriend.') But EVERY TIME I'M ON THE PHONE and she is within 50 feet she is like "Who are you talking to? What? What did they have to say? What are you talking about?" while I'm on the motherfucking phone.  I tell the person to hold on for a sec and say "Mom, I'm on the phone, I can't talk to two people at once."  And then I'm the asshole.

myles

the sound of chewing. so much. soooo much.

bee

i was thinking today about how a major pet hate of mine is people who refer to themselves as 'taken' when describing their relationship status. like seriously. where did they take you? are you okay? did they kidnap you? did you consent to being 'taken'? what happens if they want to return you? it's like you are a product on a shelf. when they have taken you, are you their property? do you belong to them? why would you want to be 'taken' by anyone? damn, have some self respect.

skateandannoy

Quote from: myles on January 27, 2015, 06:46:14 PM
the sound of chewing. so much. soooo much.
My dad called Kit Kat to tell them he'll never eat another one of their candy bars because the commercials of people chewing them grossed him out so much. The lady that answered the phone said she "didn't make the commercial but she was sorry to hear that."
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

lindsey

oh man you guys i work on phone now as a "virtual receptionist" and i could make a list a mile long about phone etiquette related pet peeves 

BagginSagginBrian

People who talk on the phone.

Who does that anymore?

Gelka

I recall there was a pet peeves thread on here at one time. I feel like there ought to be another, since many of us are curmudgeonly grumps.

Heres one of my long-standing pet peeves:

The use of on in the phrases I am going to love on him, or I am going to brag on him. Why?

Anyone else?

michaelcopeland

What does that even mean?!

Anna Karina

Wait, that wasn't a spamboat? wtf

jer

i mean that above post took a quick turn to nonsenseville, so i'm pretty sure we can still say it's a bot.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

kw

dakotafloyd

So were at the part where we discuss who has real and proper pet peeves and who doesnt?
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

michaelcopeland

Dakota, I laughed probably way too hard at that

kw

Quote from: dakotafloyd on March 08, 2015, 08:51:37 PM
So were at the part where we discuss who has real and proper pet peeves and who doesnt?

<3

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: dakotafloyd on March 08, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

Quote from: michaelcopeland on March 08, 2015, 09:01:06 PM
Dakota, I laughed probably way too hard at that
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

momitsnowme

To be fair, those phrases are awful. The bot is right.

lindsey

along those same lines, i hate when people leave "to be" out of descriptions of things that needs to be done, like when they say "this needs folded" instead of "this needs to be folded". what IS that??

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: lindsey on March 10, 2015, 06:33:34 PM
along those same lines, i hate when people leave "to be" out of descriptions of things that needs to be done, like when they say "this needs folded" instead of "this needs to be folded". what IS that??

once ontologist heideggar, pardon in correct spelling i dont know how to spell it correctly and i have a strict Kerouac no edit style on everything i write that isn't an actual piece of art. I digress. If Being is essentially a construct of our consciousness coupled with our perception in other entity's Being and our conscious being causally creates our observer and us the observed and vice versa, by removing the 'to be' verb form from our lexicon, as evidenced in a few but not many foreign languages, individuals tend toward objectivity and a relative correlation with their other human and animal counter parts as the subconsciousness removal of their little case being dissolves and become more toward a unified collective Being. In essence, it breaks your cultural conditioning leading to what many but not all have come to call enlightenment.

i think i took that joke a wee bit far, imagine it in a british accent and itll make much more sense

;)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Anna Karina

Quote from: lindsey on March 10, 2015, 06:33:34 PM
Less words, the better.

Joe

Daylight saving time.

It always fucks up my sleep schedule, especially now that my phone and computers automatically adjust.